1) Use a quality Disc lock
2) Dust is a everyday problem use old sheets to protect your stuff, use breathable coverings.
3) Carry insurance on your items
4) Do not store; Collectibles, heirlooms, jewelry, works of art, furs, mounts, electronics, food, fertilizers, pesticides, firearms, explosives, perishables, candles or wax items, ammunition, contraband, batteries, fuels, flammables, odorous materials, infectious materials, hazardous or toxic materials, any living objects ( people or pets), and or any property having special or sentimental value to you.
5) Protect against rodents by using a few dehydrating baits, they are packets you don't open, clean and easy to use.
6) Use a protected bottom level, pallets or plastic tubs, Plastic tubs are cheap and provide protection against insects, water. They stack well and are great for home storage.
Remember its important enough to store its important enough to protect....
Find more info at http://blstorage.com
Feel free to call us at 1-520-586-2379
We hope this Blog makes your storage experience easier.
At B&L RV & Mini Storage we offer Safstor insurance, we offer a Disc lock for $6.00 upon move in, we do daily lock checks, you have 24 hour access to your unit, we offer flexible payments including; auto pay with Visa and MasterCard, and we have security cameras.