When choosing a storage unit, remember these few things can help keep your items safer.
1. Know your area. You want to pick a storage facility in a better area.
2. Check your facilities security set-up; do they have on-site managers/owners, do they do daily lock checks, do they have security cameras, are the units clean?
3. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
4. Make sure you have your own insurance. At B&L RV & Mini Storage we offer SAFESTOR Insurance. You can go online or call them to obtain insurance. Too save a little money first check with your home owners or renters policy to see if you have off premise insurance. Remember if it is important enough to keep its important enough to insure.
5. Use plastic tubs, they are great at keeping dust and insects out.
6. When covering furniture and large pieces use something that breaths, a old sheet, packing pads. Remember plastic will cause condensation.
7. Always use a good disc lock.
8. Use common sense don't store furs, mounts, electronics, heirlooms, computers, flammables, explosives, food, collectibles, art work, firearms, ammo, anything you can't replace. This is not a complete list, use common sense . For a more complete list check out our web site at;http:www.blstorage.com